We want to assure you of our commitment to keeping our hospital open and providing excellent care for your pets. Given the evolving circumstances with COVID-19, we are taking extra precautions to help ensure a safe and healthy environment for our clients, their pets, and our hospital staff. Effective immediately, we are implementing the following safety protocols in accordance with CDC guidelines for social distancing to decrease the risk of exposure:
- It is essential that anyone displaying symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, or shortness of breath), or who has been exposed to anyone with COVID-19, or who has traveled internationally in the last 14 days to please reschedule your appointment for a later date.
- Please utilize our curbside service. Call us at (763) 544-4141 when you arrive in the parking lot and we will come to you to get your pet for the exam. For your convenience, we will take information regarding history and concerns over the phone at the time of your arrival. We will continue to communicate via phone or text regarding treatment and/or results.
- End of Life appointments – we will escort you and your loved one directly into the exam room.
- Emergencies will be assessed immediately upon arrival. Please call ahead, if at all possible, so we know to expect you.
- For existing clients and patients, we now also have TeleVet available which enables our medical staff to help assess your pet virtually. We connect via TeleVet to talk with you and have the ability to share photos and/or video. Sign up here and let us know if you need help setting up your account.
Welcome to Plymouth Heights Pet Hospital
We are a full service, AAHA accredited small animal veterinary clinic that has provided exceptional pet care for dogs and cats of the Twin Cities for over 40 years. In addition to superior traditional medical pet care we also have doctors certified in alternative/holistic veterinary care including pet acupuncture and animal chiropractic.
- Preventative Health Care
- Vaccine Philosophy
- Pain Management
- Digital X-Ray
- Specialist Referral Network
- Online Pharmacy
- Chiropractic Services
- Dog Day Care
In The News
Important Update: We recently had a water main break, which resulted in minor water damage. Until further notice, we will have only half of our kennel space which means our boarding is booking up faster than usual. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause our clients. Please call ahead of time to book your pet's boarding reservations.
A link between certain diets and heart disease in dogs has been reported in the news. These reports are based on a warning issued by the FDA. Based on the FDA’s warning, we recommend that you do not feed your dog food containing legumes, potatoes, or pulses. Read more about this issue on Our Blog and the questions to ask your pet food manufacturer to determine whether or not they have good quality control and are producing a diet that is nutritionally compete and balanced to keep your furry family members happy and healthy!